Scope of service operations during annual inspection internal cartridge extinguishers (“z”-type)
Before commencing of service operations it is necessary to identify the extinguisher as first, checking permanent markings on cylinder and comparing them with data on extinguisher’s label.
Then, following operations are to be performed:
1. Check general conditions of fire extinguisher:
- condition of protections of fire extinguisher (seal, cotter pin),
- condition of cylinder,
- legibility of label,
- condition of the valve,
- patency and condition of the hose and so-called piston / snow horn at the end of hose (if available in this type of extinguisher).
2. Disassemble the extinguisher, and then:
- check the weight of cartridge and write down the value on the cartridge (gross weight, date of weighing);
- check condition of seals, preserve by means of methyl silicone oil;
- check conditions of threaded connections;
- check operation of the punch;
3. Check condition and amount of extinguishing powder.
4. Confirm performed operations by means of a service stick attached to extinguisher.
The service stick should include following data:
- name and address of service plant,
- name and surname of technician,
- date of inspection (month / year);
- date of repair (month / year);
- date of next inspection (month / year).
After performed inspection it is necessary to mark the date of its realization and date of next inspection.
Attaching the service stick the Authorized Service Shop confirms that extinguisher is in good technical condition and that it fulfills requirements of appropriate standards (mentioned on the label of fire extinguisher).